How to Build an Arrangement
Putting together an arrangement may be simple to some, but for many out there it can become a tricky task! If you read our previous blog post you already know how to take care of your flowers and prepare them for a vase- so now we’re going to give you some pointers on how to build an arrangement the Diz’s Daisies way!
- Fill your vase to the top with water and flower food. You’re probably going to want to do this in the sink so your counters remain dry and free of plant debris!
- Grab your greens and fillers and measure where you want them to land once in your vase. When you’ve decided on the height you’re happy with, give them a sharp cut at the base.
- Insert your greens in a criss-cross fashion- they will be the place holders for your flowers!
- Next, grab your fillers and implement the same steps as the greens. You want to begin building height by ensuring your fillers are landing above the greens.
- Flower time! Grab your flowers and give them a sharp cut at the base and start plugging them into your arrangement. We recommend the triangle method- where your flowers are arranged in triangular formation. When in doubt, take a step back to take in the view- you want all of your flowers to receive attention so don’t worry about grouping them tightly.
- Add some height! By adding taller flowers to the center, your arrangement will truly shine to all passersby!
- Congratulations! You’ve built a beautiful arrangement that you should be proud of! Set it in a location out of direct sunlight and be sure to add water daily, changing it after 4-5 days.
You rose to the occasion and are now a pro! But if you ever want us to do the hard work for you, give us a call and we’d be happy to put together a Diz’s Daisies arrangement for pickup or delivery!